Solar water heaters are an excellent way to ensure access to a reliable hot water supply while maintaining optimal energy efficiency; however, like all home systems, these units require careful maintenance to remain in proper working order.
At Donley A/C & Plumbing, our team delivers the comprehensive solar water heater maintenance that Phoenix families need to keep their systems running smoothly.
For over 40 years, our family-owned plumbing company has provided responsive, honest solutions that local homeowners can trust to ensure ultimate reliability with their solar water heater systems.
Schedule solar water heater maintenance in Scottsdale, Phoenix, or nearby by calling our team at 602-787-3956 today.
When Is Solar Water Heater Maintenance Necessary?
Like a standard tank water heater, solar water heaters require an annual flush to eliminate sediment buildup and ensure your system operates as efficiently and reliably as possible.
While you should aim to schedule solar water heater maintenance at least once a year, it’s particularly important to consider a tune-up after severe weather conditions like heavy storms or extreme temperatures, which can damage components or affect efficiency.
If it’s been over a year since your last solar water heater maintenance, call 602-787-3956 to schedule an appointment.
The Benefits of Solar Water Heater Maintenance
Keeping up with a diligent maintenance schedule for your solar water heater can offer many benefits that Phoenix families shouldn’t overlook, including:
- Energy efficiency: Solar water heater tune-ups optimize your system for maximum efficiency, resulting in lower utility bills for your hot water supply.
- Extended life span: By catching repairs early and fine-tuning for optimal performance, you’ll enjoy a longer system life span thanks to regular tune-ups.
- Enhanced reliability: Regular maintenance can prevent unnecessary breakdowns and catch repair needs early so you can avoid repair requests.
- Protected warranty: Most manufacturer warranties require you to schedule regular maintenance to keep your warranty in good standing.
Reap the benefits of regular maintenance for your solar water heater. Call 602-787-3956 to schedule solar water heater maintenance in Tempe or surrounding areas.
Our Maintenance Check Process
At Donley A/C & Plumbing, our team goes above and beyond to ensure your solar water heater always performs at its best. During our comprehensive maintenance, our team will:
- Check fluid levels
- Check the circulation pump
- Clean and replace filters
- Clean glass covers
- Clean the solar collector panels
- Examine electrical components
- Examine insulation around pipes
- Inspect for system leaks
- Inspect mounting and hardware
- Inspect the pressure relief valve
- Test and calibrate temperature sensors
- Test the backup heating element
- Verify controller settings
- Verify system pressure
Ensure your system is ready to handle your hot water demands for the long term. Call 602-787-3956 to request a solar water heater tune-up in Scottsdale, AZ.
Preventative Maintenance Tips for Solar Water Heaters
Along with professional maintenance, you can take plenty of steps on your own to prevent unnecessary breakdowns and repair requests for your system.
Here are a few preventative maintenance tips you can try to keep your water heater working at its best:
- Regular cleaning: Clear the area around your solar collector panels so it’s free of dust, dirt, and debris. Do this at least twice a year for best results.
- Leak inspection: Check the entire unit for leaks in pipes, connections, and valves, calling for repairs immediately when any are spotted.
- Monitor fluids: Inspect the fluid level in your system’s reservoir regularly and top it off as needed to prevent overheating and system failure.
Call 602-787-3956 today to schedule solar water heater maintenance with our team.