Air Conditioning Tips
Date: October 11, 2011
AIR CONDITIONING TIPS
OCT 11, 2011
Avoid Unnecessary Air Conditioning Service Calls Before calling for service, check the following:
- Thermostat: Are all switches in the correct operating position?
- Circuit Breakers: Be familiar with which breakers control your A/C and Heating. Are they in the “ON” position?
- Filters: Check to make sure you have a clean filter.
- Time Delay Circuits: Some units and thermostats have a 2 to 5 minute delay before the unit will come back on. Be patient before you call for service.
- Do not start and stop your unit. Turning the thermostat up and on at short intervals or switching it off and on can cause compressor problems.
- If you have a ground mounted unit, be sure that the air access is not blocked by bushes or plants.
- Do you have a Load Controller? Make sure this device hasn’t automatically turned off your air conditioning.
And remember, regular maintenance on your heating and air conditioning equipment it the best way to minimize breakdowns.